My name is Beth and I am one of the Sales team here at Snowden Wilkinson.
Myself and my Fiancé are planning a move this year with our two young Children. I have been asking around for hints and ideas from anyone who has moved with Children before and thought I would share the top tips:
- Pack up their things last and unpack them first. This should give them some familiarity straight away and help them settle quicker in their new rooms.
- Don’t change their bedding! (this is an easy one) they will have the scent from their bed to comfort them on the initial few days in your new place. Some people have suggested spraying a scent or room spray in their old room in the days leading up to the move and then the same spray in the new room when you move.
- Involve them and make it an adventure. Talking to them and being enthusiastic about the move will make it a fun experience
- Keep their routines if you can; Mealtimes & Bedtimes.
- Make a treasure map of your new house and garden and explore with them!